There are approximately 23 NCAA-sponsored sports at over 1,000 member institutions involving over 400,000 student-athletes. Most of these athletes have all or a portion of their college education paid for through scholarships and grants. Our goal is to help you become one of these recruits.
Recruit Reels provides three powerful reasons why coaches, recruiters, scouts, athletes, and parents should use our services:
- Our videos are true recruiting videos combining game action, training/workout footage, stats, and an interview to provide the complete profile of the student athlete.
- We verify stats, grades, and ACT/SAT scores with coaches and guidance counselors and also provide transcripts upon request.
- We provide complete contact information so both parties can find one another.
Video is the most compelling resource for recruiters and ours provide more than simply highlights. We interviewed several college coaches to find out exactly what they needed in a recruiting video.
Here’s what we were told:
- "I need to see their athletic skills immediately." We accomplish this by shooting our footage isolating on one subject. We will show the athlete’s skill set in real-time without effects and then replay in slow motion for emphasis. We spot-shadow them at the beginning of each play where identification is questionable. We will limit the scenes to 8-10 focusing on different skills because we realize recruiters need to see versatility. The first minute tells them whether the rest of the video is worth watching, so we will sequence the scenes accordingly.
- "Verify stats and grades with transcripts." We will do this time-saving step for the recruiters by getting the recruit's permission to release these documents from the guidance counselors and coaches. This certifies that the information provided on our videos is trustworthy.
- "I need their email address, home number, cell number, parents' numbers and email addresses, or any means available to make contact." The most frustrating part of recruiting is to have interest in a prospect and not have a means of contact. We require all our recruits to provide all the information listed above.
We hope this resource will prove valuable to you throughout the recruiting process. It is very important to begin this process your junior year because this is when the recruiters start to evaluate your talent. The videos are burned to DVD for you to distribute or send the link to our web site to prospective coaches. Either way these videos WILL get you noticed.